The details are providing some unique insight into the voters and their participation in the 2012 election. The facts are very interesting when all the information has been gathered and analyzed in what may become one of the most unique elections in Lake Oswego History.
Here are some basic insights.
- Kent Studebaker won the Mayoral election 9904 votes to 9751 votes (+153 votes) but lost in Multnomah county. He won in both Clackamas and Washington county.
- Karen Bowerman won the popular vote for council with 10,358 votes and received 10.77% more votes than Skip O'Neill who came in second.
- More voters voted for Mayor than for City Council this election!
- Many voters only voted for one or two candidates and chose not to vote for all three open council positions.
- The most popular local issue on the ballot? The Library bond measure was soundly defeated and had more voters participating than any other issue.
- The second most popular local issue on the ballot? The Boones Ferry bond measure had slightly less voters than the library bond and it narrowly passed by 640 votes.
It will be interesting to see how the new council addresses this communication from the voters. Will it embrace the concern or will it continue the direction of past administrations? Only time will tell but its clear the residents are watching and voting!
Please notify all members, contacts, and friends.