To All COLA LO Members,
City Staff had proposed that the council approve millions of dollars in contracts so the project could begin construction while engineering is approximately 60% complete.
The council carefully questioned staff about the history of the project and the potential for additional increases in total cost. After reviewing the details as part of the public process the council decided to wait on approving contracts until its next meeting in two weeks.
Given this information the council questioned staff on the need for the increased size of the facility and what the city would do with the excess capacity. Staff is recommending that Tigard consider a greater share of the total project and its costs.
Some details can be found in the following link: Council Postpones
Please notify all members, contacts, and friends.